I guess i hate money.
Shudup n take mah money.
I think i need/want a proper camera.
At the moment i have a Sony RX100m3 which i love for its size and great IQ but it is still a 1inch sensor. I love Fuji APS-C sensor.
And i still have my dinosaur Leica M8 which max out at usable ISO 640, black to magenta issues and i cant afford a fucking leica lens.
I dunno if i'm still in love with the M8, she's still hot but i dont really have that thrill using it. Not much love.
I need new thrill, new love, new lust. I want a new camera!!
That feeling when you unbox and play with the new cam. Love booming, blossoming. i need that. I want that.
I want WIFI in my camera and Auto Focus, my Leica fails that test.
I put it up on sale but nobody's buying it, only get likes in Facebook...the most famous book in the world. not even Harry Potter beats that book.
I want a proper camera, by proper i meant bokeh. i love bokeh. i need fast lens. so bokeh is achieved.
My Leica can give me bokeh but i cant transfer the pics over Wifi because it didnt have that feature. and i dont want to deal with the IR issues anymore. I want CLASSIC CHROME. out of the camera.
So why dilemma?
Because i have choices. i had to choose. and i hate choices. i wish i only have one choice so i dun have trouble making choices.
I love cameras. Cameras nowadays are beautiful. and i love retro. except for Lumix cameras, their looks suck but got great features.
So what choices do i have?
Olympus PEN-F is out of the pic. bcos i think im done with micro four thirds. with the newly announced X-pro2 with new sensor i think it'll kill the micro 4/3 for IQ.
Choices are Fuji X70, X100T, X-T10 or Sony A7S.
Of all the bunch the Sony is the most expensive. but i love low light. i want to shoot without thinking which ISO to choose. Fuji is also great in low light but skins can get waxy in HIGH ISO JPGs n i only shoot JPGs.
X70 is the newest but its still not available here.
X-T10 with 35mm is a bokeh dream.
I just love the X100 series.
So whats the problem here?
like i said...choices.
of all the camera if i want to buy based on looks, i'd definitely go for the X100T but its a 2 year old camera now. its not like its stop being a good camera, its just..... a X200 might be around the corner.
Like i mentioned in my previous post, i'm just gonna get the X70 but there's not a lot of review on it yet, i want to see how portraits would look like with 28mm 2.8 lens look like and sumhow i love peeking into an EVF which the X70 do not have. OVF is different. i want to see the actual shot/pic even before i take it which is what the EVF is for.
The X-T10 is third on the list just because its bulkier than the rest of the mentioned Fuji. but i have the flexibility to change lenses. I can bokeh all i want as long as i am able to purchase those Fuji lenses.
But if i am rich i just buy the A7S.
A7S with my prefer angle 28mm and fast f2.0 lens would be my ultimate camera. but it cost double than the Fujis. I could buy 2 Fujis with the cost of A7S.
In the end camera is just a tool right? Pictures will always be pictures.
Looking back at my X100S pics do make me miss the X100 series. i still keep hold of my WCL in case i bought the T but years passed and the T is getting old. unless it gets a new firmware making it as fast as X-T10 then im sure i'd buy the X100T. but is new firware coming??? Even X-E2 seems a good choice now a new firmware is out but i just cant get to like them X-E series looks.
So okay let me list down things i like n dislike from each camera for my amusement......
- newest and greatest which means AF is faster than X100T
- tilt screen
- selfie tilt screen is a plus.
- compact but im not sure if it is as compact as the Sony RX100iii
- touch screen! woohoo a first for Fuji.
- classic chrome
- no EVF... I love me an EVF. I love peeking into it. it makes me feel professional. although i must admit i dont always really use it. and when i do street photography i almost not using it because i just want to be stealthier.
- looks is just ok compare to X100T.
- still not available here (Waiting game hurts)
X70 accessorized looks awesome.
- my favorite series, FUN camera
- looks is killer
- faster lens, more bokeh albeit narrower than 28mm
- better performance than my X100S (from what i read online)
- Got EVF
- Classic Chrome
- leaf shutter
- built in ND filter
- Conversion lens available
- available and in stock (GASPS!!!)
- almost 2 years old which means a successor is in the wings
- no tilt screen
- Even bulkier if i need 28mm and 50mm
- From what i read performance is not as fast as the newer X-T10/X70
- but most of all it is getting old, the sole reason i press the brakes on buying this. but i still want to push the GAS! pun intended.
The thing about X100T...you dont need accessories to make it sexy. it already sexy as fuck as it is.
- Can change lenses
- Bokeh all i want with those fast lenses
- Not bad looking retro camera
- Faster performance
- Classic Chrome
- Tilt screen
- Got EVF
- available and in stock (gasps!)
- not pretty as X100T
- bulkier depends on lens
- No selfie tilt screen although not a deal breaker
- not travel friendly camera (for me). Even i hate the X100S for travelling. that tells you much. Ha Ha but better than those DSLRs.
X-T10 looks hot. Better with square hoods. i love me square hoods. couldnt find a pic online
- With vintage lens it looks good
- King of the low light
- Performance on par with FUjifilm (from what i read online)
- Full frame (not sure if this is an issue anymore)
- tilt screen
- Got EVF
- Better video performance
- Since i like to shoot in low light this could be the ultimate camera!
- With native lens it looks MEH..
- Super expensive
- bad rolling shutter effects (not sure if it affects with my kind of photography)
- bulkier/ more or less the same size as X-T10... maybe....... i never hold one in flesh/plastic
- lens also crazy expensive
- SOle reason not to get this is expensive!!
- No Classic Chrome
Anything with Vintage lens will always make the camera looks good
So the question IS actually what do i want this camera for.....
1) Travel????? Or
2) Professional Bokeh Monster pictures of my kids???? (which means the camera is okay to stay on the shelf)
let me sit in one corner and think about it.
One can never have just one camera for all.
But that is always GAS talking